The Lifted Brow #27
You can buy a copy here, or you can always subscribe — saving yourself 35% off the cover price.
If you want to read this issue in digital form, you can.
Issue 27 of The Lifted Brow features:
- cover artwork by Lale Westvind, and also a feature comic inside by Westvind
- nonfiction from folks like Jenn Shapland, Rachel Perks, Stephanie Convery, Shawn Wen, Sophie Shanahan, Zora Sanders, Sam Kriss, Jennifer Down, Rachel Hennessy, Caroline Crew, Caitlin McGregor and Omar Musa
- wonderful columns from Dion Kagan, Briohny Doyle, Annabel-Brady Brown, and Jana Perkovic
- fiction from Jensen Beach and Caitlin McGregor
- little snippets from Ellen van Neerven, Adolfo Aranjuez and Mohammed Ahmad
- poetry by Mud Howard, t'ai freedom ford and Phillip B. Williams
- Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny's sex and relationships advice column
- comics and artwork from Carla McRae, Lee Lai, Diego Ramirez, Sam Wallman, Merv Heers, Mona Moradveisi, Mickey Zacchilli, Michael Hawkins, Katie Parrish, Bligh Twyford-Moore, Sophie Yanow, Sergiy Maidukov, Egle Zvirblyte, and Valentine Gallardo
- a feature on the oral history project 'Behind the Wire' which documents the experiences of those people who have spent time in Australia's mandatory detention system
- and a tribute to recently-departed friend and hero Kat Muscat, compiled mostly from her own words.